Today, we’re talking with Scott Briley and Hunter Hoss, owners of KC Solar. Find out how they got into business together and what benefits you can see from going solar.
Scott joined KC Solar in 2016 and serves as managing partner. He has proven experience working in the renewable and environmental industry including sales and leadership roles with SunSmart Technologies.
Hunter joined the business in early 2017 and serves as project manager and managing partner. An electrical engineer by education, Hunter previously held engineering roles with Fujitsu, SMC, Cisco, Nokia and T-Mobile.
During our discussion, Scott and Hunter also share:
- How they started working together
- The benefits of solar
- The downsides of solar
- Why retirees are their biggest customers
- Maintenance costs of solar
- Unique projects that have been out of the ordinary
- How the solar process works
- Some of their biggest mistakes and successes
- How to get a tax credit for solar
Use the timestamps below to skip around to the specific topics you’d like to hear.
[1:04] – Meet Scott and Hunter
[4:55] – Benefits of solar
[7:33] – Downsides of solar
[10:09] – Solar in retirement
[13:25] – Maintenance
[17:47] – Unique projects
[20:16] – Solar process
[35:22] – Mistakes and successes
[39:47] – Contact KC Solar
[40:25] – Tax credit