Security is a family business for Dan Krumme, president at Cam-Dex Security Corporation. Founded in 1957 by his great-great-aunt and uncle, Cam-Dex is an industry leader in providing custom solutions for Security Integration throughout North America and beyond.
The company serves numerous sectors, including Healthcare, Manufacturing, Utilities, Retail, Property Management, Colleges/Universities, and Financial businesses. In the Government sector, their customers include Federal, State, and Municipal agencies nationwide.
Dan and his company are committed to resolving problems quickly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As a premier integrated security systems company, Cam-Dex offers a full line of major manufacturer products in access control, IP video, emergency mass notification, custom ID badging, and network video recording.
During our discussion, Dan also shares:
- What types of security Cam-Dex provides
- How his great-great-aunt and uncle started the business
- How Cam-Dex has become more digital over the years
- How they stay ahead of the latest technology advances
- How cyber security has affected businesses
- How his company handles hackers
- How they educate employees about cyber attacks
- How they have grown into a global company
- Cultural differences between countries
- How he thinks the industry will change in the future
- What mistake he made
Use the timestamps below to skip around to the specific topics you’d like to hear.
[1:00] – Meet Dan
[1:46] – What does Cam-Dex do?
[2:37] – Cam-Dex history
[5:21] – Technological advances
[8:19] – Exposed security systems
[12:22 ]– Hackers
[15:46] – Educating employees
[22:43] – Growth
[31:22] – Cultural differences
[34:08] – Going forward
[41:04] – Mistakes
[43:15] – Contact Dan