Our two guests today are Trevor and Hannah Curtis. They’ve been married for 23 years, have five kids, and own an Express Employment Professionals franchise.
Express helps local employers manage their workforce by matching clients with candidates who are seeking work opportunities. The company is on a mission to put a million people to work.
Trevor got a job in pharmaceutical sales after college, but he eventually moved to Kansas City where he bought an Express Employment Professionals franchise in 2015 with his wife. Trevor considered several franchises, including Chick-fil-A before deciding to go into employment. Together, they have been able to face challenges and grow their business.
During our discussion, Trevor and Hannah also share:
- Why they chose an Express franchise
- Why the business sometimes kept them up at night
- What challenges they’ve faced
- Why they lost money in the beginning
- How COVID impacted their business
- Why wages aren’t going down
- What industries have been hit the hardest
- What sets their business apart from others’
Use the timestamps below to skip around to the specific topics you’d like to hear.
[0:58] – Meet Trevor and Hannah
[6:41] – Why this business?
[9:44] – Challenges
[16:18] – COVID
[24:54] – Wages
[28:37] – Industries hit hard
[32:09] – What sets them apart
[41:28] – Contact Trevor and Hannah